BALI (British Association of Landscape Industries)
Code of Conduct
Members of the British Association of Landscape Industries must demonstrate their commitment to abide by the Association’s Code of Conduct, as follows:
• To uphold the standing of BALI, its members, and the wider landscape industry by seeking to achieve and maintain the highest standards of business and professional expertise
• To provide services only within their areas of competence and be responsible for the actions of all their staff and sub-contractors
• To use appropriately trained staff and ensure on-going staff training and development
• To operate in an environmentally, ethically, and commercially sustainable manner
• To address client concerns promptly, maintaining professionalism and courtesy, and seek to negotiate an equitable solution in the case of a dispute
• To cooperate fully with the BALI dispute resolution service and quality standards review procedure (applicable to full vetted members only)
• To identify and meet customer, legislative and regulatory requirements
CHAS (The Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme)
Each month thousands of contractors and consultants (suppliers) apply for work with public and private sector organisations (buyers). To win work, they must meet the buyer’s health and safety standards. Assessing supplier’s health and safety competence is usually a lengthy and time consuming process. Suppliers can sometimes meet one buyer’s Health and Safety standards but not another. Being CHAS approved reduces duplication as suppliers compliance is accepted by all CHAS buyers.
CHAS assesses applicants:
- Health and safety policy statement
- Their organisation for health and safety
- Their specific health and safety arrangements to a standard acceptable to our buyers and to others
SafeContractor Approved – The Health and Safety Assessment Scheme
As a leading health and safety pre-qualification assessment scheme, we are dedicated to promoting higher standards of competence and compliance through the provision of relevant industry specific and tailored health and safety assessments for all professions and sectors
Safecontractor is the fastest growing health and safety accreditation scheme in the UK, with more than 200 major clients and over 18,000 contractor members.
Registered members with the Safecontractor scheme include clients and contractors from a wide range of professional disciplines working within a number of industry sectors. With its increasing membership and growing profile in the UK, the Safecontractor scheme is now used by many large organisations as a way of obtaining competent contractors.
Certificate No 8913
ISO 9001, ISO 14001
In the UK, this work is regulated by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service - the sole national accreditation body recognised by government. ISOQAR audit a wide range of manufacturing and service companies, both throughout the UK and across many parts of the world and are accredited by UKAS
- ISO 9001 Quality Management - ISO 9001 is the internationally recognised standard for the quality management of businesses.
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management – ISO 14001 is the internationally recognised standard for the environmental management of businesses. It prescribes controls for those activities that have an effect on the environment. These include the use of natural resources, handling and treatment of waste and energy consumption.
- ISO 18001 Occupational Health & Safety – OHSAS 18001 is the latest certification specification for Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems. It is based on already published criteria such as BS 8800 and the Management Regulations 1992. OHSAS 18001 is an audit/certification specification, not a legislative requirement or a guide to implementation.